The Tulsa Zoo is looking to add a few individuals to our Environmental Services team. Please see the job description and qualifications below. If you feel you would be a good fit, please stop by the Tulsa Zoo Information building to fill out an application or complete the online application.
Hours vary from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. depending on needs and shifts. Occasional night shifts will be required.
- Regular cleaning of the zoo based on a routine assigned by the Environmental Services Manager.
- Cleaning tasks include but are not limited to emptying trash, picking up trash on grounds, cleaning floors, walls, windows, toilets, sinks, mirrors, etc.
- Responsible for checking and replacing light bulbs, as well as checking and restocking supplies in designated areas.
- Responsible for operating environmental services equipment as required. (Vacuums, buffers, power washers, etc).
- Responsible for responding to calls regarding spills, leaks, accidents, etc. that occur throughout the day.
- Maintain the highest level of cleanliness thought the zoo with a focus on improving the guest experience.
- Other duties as assigned in keeping with the mission of Tulsa Zoo Management, Inc.
- An eye for detail.
- Excellent guest services skills
- At least one year experience in an environmental services, janitorial, or custodial position.
- Willing and able to work inside, outside, and in various climate conditions.
- Ability to operate basic equipment. (Vacuums, buffers, power washers, etc).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work all days of the week. Weekend availability required.
- Willing to work some evening and night shifts.